Questions to Consider
Consider these questions while reading this module:
- What do we mean by law and how can we classify it to make it more understandable?
- What are some of the important differences between the civil and the criminal law?
- What are the basic functions we expect law to serve?
- What are the primary sources of American law?
- What is precedent? When might a court depart from precedent? Why? How does a court decide a case in the absence of precedent?
- Is ignorance of the law an excuse? Why or why not?
- What is the FIRAC system and how is it used to analyze legal cases and problems that affect business?